by appointment only
Before Your ProcedurePreparing for your surgery can be anxiety-producing, but we are here to help guide you through the process. Please follow the below checklist to ensure proper preparation
THREE TO FOUR WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY, YOU SHOULD:
• Schedule a preop appointment with your primary care physician for a medical clearance.
• Schedule your followup appointment for a date that is two to three weeks post-surgery.
ONE WEEK PRIOR TO
• Stop all blood thinners, such as Baby Aspirin, fish oil, supplements, and anti-inflammatories. Please contact us with any questions.
The Day Of The SurgeryThere are some important steps you can take the night before and the morning of your
• Shower with a special liquid soap called Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) which will destroy bacteria and minimize the risk of infection. CHG can be purchased at any pharmacy without a prescription.
• Do not shave the area of your surgery.
• Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight of the night before your procedure.
• On the day of your procedure wear clean, comfortable clothing.
• You may take your blood pressure medication with a sip of water that morning.
• Please bring with you all of your imaging studies (CT scans, MRIs, etc.) even if Dr. Rasouli has already reviewed them with you.
• If your surgery is at one of our outpatient facilities, please make arrangements for transportation from the facility to your home.
Once you check-in at your surgical facility, you will meet with your RasouliSpine Surgical Team who will go over your surgical schedule. We encourage you to ask any questions you might have regarding your plan of care.
THE RECOVERYSome patients can go home immediately; others may take longer; every person
• You can go home in a regular vehicle after surgery; however, someone else must do the driving.
• You will be prescribed pain control medications to take home with you. Take them as prescribed.
• A special waterproof dressing will protect your incision. We will give you extra dressings with which to go home. Please change the dressings daily until you see Dr. Rasouli for your post-operative appointment.
• You can shower as soon as you wish after your surgery, as long as you change your dressings when you come out of the shower.
• Please avoid soaking in standing water until cleared to do so by our staff.
• It is normal for some patients to feel constipated after they go home. Walking and laxatives will help relieve this.
• We do not recommend applying any medications, ointments, or lotions to the incision until you see Dr. Rasouli for your post-operative appointment.
Your surgical liaison will confirm the location of your upcoming surgery. Please don't hesitate to reach us with any questions related to arriving at your respective facility.
Check in at the South Tower
1st floor information deck
We are privileged to be able to help our patients through their pain and disability. Whether it is through nonsurgical management, motion-sparing technology, minimally invasive techniques, or state-of-the-art outpatient procedures, our happy patients are our greatest achievement. Every patient deserves the chance to have a normal quality of life. We are honored to help them get there.More Success Stories
Follow us @rasoulispine